Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My First Blog Post!

WOW!! I can't believe I actually have a BLOG of my own. This made me start thinking about how I got started with my love of computers! Seventeen years ago (NO, that doesn't make me old!!) when I was going to college I bought my first computer from a FURNITURE store. How funny! There was no internet yet, but thanks to Microsoft I had Solitaire! I already liked typing and Windows made working on a computer soooo much fun. It's amazing where things have gone since then. In 1996 I got internet after my first daughter was born and I was thinking of running a business from my home......& here I am the day before her thirteenth birthday posting to MY VERY OWN BLOG! As you may have guessed by the title "Sew little time" I love to sew (and do other crafts) but never have enough time. Hope you enjoy seeing the things I make and make sure to comment even if it is just to say "HI".

Susie

9 comments:

  1. Well, welcome to blogland. :D Hope you'll have a very good time. Funny, my first computer (very expensive) only had 613 MB memory!! LOL I like your about me. Wisconsing. Anything to do with sewing and singing is what I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on starting your own Blog! I'v only recently discovered such things. I'm no numpty with the computer - I just didn't know there was such a VAST number of people (particularly in the US) addicted to crafts/sewing and blogs. I'm inspired and overwhelmed, all at once.... Anyway, I digress. I'm going to follow your blog, right from the start and am really looking forward to seeing it develop. Good luck, Amanda @:-) X

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI welcome to the land of bloggin and the joy of the internet...i too am amazed at how the internet has progressed my husband is a "nerd" so we have pretty much always had some sort of a computer..back in the day it was kinda hard to use so many dos commands to do so little...but as you say now there is no limit to whatw e can do
    ................nice to meet you good day from calif.jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you do with your new blog! We've come a long way since ASCII!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, welcome to blog-land. If you've been using a computer for that long I bet you will enjoy yourself here. My first computer was the very first MacIntosh made for home use, it had a whopping 235 MB of memory, absolutely everything was on disk, including the operating system! While I had my Mac at home all the business world was a PC world so I really learned to use both systems very well and I still love computing, but I prefer to live in my Mac world. DH is a PC guy, so we have both at home. When I'm not on the computer I'm stitching. I hope to see what you're doing soon, right here in the blogsphere. WELCOME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on starting your first blog. You fill it up with all your wonderful craft ideas and I'll follow along.
    Feel free to visit my blog
    http://craftingwithmawmawbecky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on your blog. It's a great outlet for creativity and you'll make so many wonderful new friends. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I join in welcoming you to the wonderful world of blogging. You will enjoy your own blog over the years and grow as a person and as an artist. Best wishes for your growth and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I came over from bagstobragabout. Have fun blogging. That reminds me that I need to update mine! Check it out.
    www.janinesjewels.blogspot.com
    and feel free to leave comments.
    God bless,
    Janine

    ReplyDelete