Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring is here!?!?

I think it's safe to say, although in WI in March, you can never be too sure. But I'm ready for it! Went to my favorite garden store and bought some seeds and starting mix yesterday, so I'm ready. I'm going to try tomatoes and peppers from seed again this year. Usually don't have much luck with growing them from seed, but it is so much cheaper than buying plants. I have been doing lots of reading on it, so hopefully this will be my year. My Dad is trying tomatoes too, so we'll see if either of us have any luck. He actually asked ME for advice this year!

While I was out and about, I also finally stopped to my favorite sewing machine store and made the purchase I have been planning and researching for over 2 years-an embroidery machine!! It is a Janome MC350E. Has all the features to keep me happy for along time, but not so much that I am overwhelmed. I ordered a BIG set of thread and designs when I got home, so will be doing lots of playing with that soon. Watch for pictures.

Check my Flickr photostream below. I added pictures of projects I did in February.
I have an embroidery lesson (perk of buying from a local dealer) on Monday, so I should have lots of stuff to post about my new adventure soon! Plus the girls are all starting sports Monday too. Kaleigh starts track practice and Sammie & Cassie start Ice Show practice. Let the running begin =0}

No comments:

Post a Comment